So today we went in for my first official OB appointment. The doc did a full exam. Normal stuff. Normal girly appointment and such. Then she found the baby's heartbeat. It was 153 bpm. :) I'm happy with that! And she also felt my uterus. She said it felt large. I am supposed to be 12 weeks but she said without knowing dates ("if your date is correct"--which it was!) she would have put me at about 13-14 weeks. She asked if I was sure there was only one baby but that the ultrasound in about 6 weeks (give or take) would tell for sure. She also mentioned that I could feel bigger because I'm smaller than her average patient and she's feeling more of my uterus and less of me. I think that last sentence is probably more accurate. I have had no symptoms to point to more than one baby. We would have set up my 16-20 week appointment here but since we are moving in a couple of weeks, we are to set that up when we get down to San Antonio.
Hearing the heartbeat today was really cool. I think I would have cried if I hadn't seen our baby the other day. I'm so glad I got to see it on Thursday. It made everything so real. And hearing the heartbeat made me really happy. I'm so glad everything is on track. I pray for continued health for both of us. Thanks for keeping up with me. This is a really exciting time in our lives and it's only just getting started.
Now I'm off to pack some more boxes. I believe our pack up date will be August 6th and we move into our new apartment on August 7th. We are excited but sad at the same time. I hope we'll have some visitors in San Antonio!
No comments:
Post a Comment