Monday, August 16, 2010

Transferring

So the transferring process is more aggravating than I originally thought. I called Tricare on Friday and had them transfer my records from Darnell (Ft. Hood hospital) to BAMC (Brooke Army Medical Center on Fort Sam Houston here in San Antonio). They did that, no problem. The nice lady on the phone told me to wait a couple of hours til I was in their system before trying to call to make an appointment. I decided to wait until Monday (today) since it was so late in the day already. So this morning, I called around 9:20 to try to make an appointment. I was pretty much transferred all around from department to department, hospital to hospital for an hour. Apparently, all new OB patients have to go through an orientation before they can make an appointment for any of us. I was told by BAMC that I need to do this orientation at Wilford Hall Medical Center at Lackland Airforce Base. I called them, and they said if I wanted to be seen at BAMC, I needed to do the orientation at BAMC. So I called BAMC back and they said they don't have an orientation and that at Wilford Hall's OB orientation, they explain how to get set up at BAMC after the orientation. So I called Wilford Hall back, AGAIN to make an appointment for this orientation. I was told by another person that BAMC has their own orientation. I just made the appointment for the orientation there at Wilford Hall. I'm hoping that they really do know what they're doing at the orientation and that it IS possible to be seen at BAMC after all of that. If not, I guess I could try to get Tricare to transfer my records to Wilford Hall. I'm not very sure about being seen at an Airforce base. I know Blake will be in uniform most of the times that we have appointments and I don't want people to be staring at him. I guess they probably have Soldiers and their spouses there all the time. These two hospitals apparently operate together or somewhat together. I just wish they could communicate with each other about what needs to be done with new patients. I know I probably won't be able to get in before 20 weeks (which is what I was told I needed to do). But let's all hope that it will be soon after that. I'd like to know how our baby is doing and also find out the sex so we can register and start getting stuff together for a nursery.

This morning has almost pushed my hormones to the limit. I was crying, I wanted to scream, I wanted to punch someone (which everyone knows, is not me). Luckily Blake wasn't home (lucky for him). All I wanted was him home with me and to help me get this all sorted out. He probably would have chewed someone out for screwing with me and throwing me around from person to person for an hour. Since he wasn't home, I just cried for a little bit, even though I knew it was my hormones... I couldn't help it. Then I decided to take a shower and get ready to go to Walmart for a few things. I knew shopping would help. Even if it was only for four things. While I was out, I talked to Katie and we both vented a little about our current stresses (she has WAY more than me). Then Blake called and I got to tell him a little about what was going on. He's very good about calming me down and making me realize things will be okay. I just want to get an appointment set up and get this ball rolling. What happens if I have an emergency between now and next week when I have the orientation? I will pray that doesn't happen. Anyway, I need to go take a nap. I've done enough housework and dealing with things today. I'm going to spend the rest of the time while Blake's at work, napping and I hope to feel better after resting.

Kitties... here I come to bug you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment