Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's a GIRL!

Well, today, I had my ultrasound. When I left this morning, I thought it would take me 10 minutes to get to the hospital, like it did on Tuesday in the afternoon. I didn't realize how much traffic there would be at 8 AM. So, needless to say, I was late. But I was able to call them and let them know. When I got there, I barely waited. I told the tech, as soon as I got into the dark room, that my husband wanted to come, but couldn't and that we wanted to find out the sex together and asked her to put it in an envelope. She said she would as long as she can see the sex. Then she started the scan. She took a ton of pictures, showing me what she was measuring and snapping a shot of each time. Most of the things she was looking at, I couldn't tell what they were. The only things I really could see were the spine, stomach, feet, hands, arms, legs, elbows, knees, heart (all 4 chambers), the brain, the eyes, nose, nostrils, mouth, and maybe a few more obvious things. Some things she showed me that I didn't really see or understand were; kidneys, bladder, pelvis, parts of the brain, things like that. She showed me that the heart and the stomach were on the same side of the body and showed me where the belly button was gonna be. So many things! Our little girl was just chilling the whole time. Didn't move much, even though I had some Pepsi on my way there. She had her hands up over her face like she was saying, "NO PICTURES!!!" We didn't really get a good profile picture, but got some straight face shots. She looks like an alien, but I guess that's normal for those 2D ultrasounds. When the tech had me turn on my right side, she started moving around a lot. The tech said the baby liked that side of my body. I was so surprised how still she was thoughout the scan cuz last night, she was moving like crazy. Completely different!

Anyway, so after the ultrasound, the tech went back and turned in the stuff to the radiologist and came back with a little folded up post-it note, stapled together. I didn't look at it at all, just stuck it in my wallet and went home. I never touched it, or looked at it until Blake got home for lunch. We pulled it out, opened it up... (thought it was gonna say boy because the paper she wrote it on was blue), but saw, "It's a girl" and were speechless. We are both extremely excited but were for sure it was a boy. It was just weird cuz we were both so wrong.

We know her name, but choose to keep it a secret until her birthday. I started registries at Babies 'R Us and Target, and soon Walmart for a couple things, not many.

So here are the pictures and the note. Enjoy!
This is with her mouth open. You can see her right hand in her face.

And mouth closed. Still looking like an alien.

This is the note that we got to find out. We opened it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment