Well, here we are at week 33. Last week, I had a doctor's appointment and everything is going great. I was measuring spot on 32 weeks, the baby's heartbeat was in the 140s, I found out I passed my glucose test with flying colors, etc. Last night, Blake and I went to the breastfeeding class that the hospital offers. It was very beneficial, I think. I will remember a lot of things when I'm having trouble. I got a lot of handouts that I can refer to, and plenty of people to call and ask questions to when need be. I am really glad that Blake came with me because he retains the medical information way more than I could ever wish to.
Blake's Mom, Dad and brother (Christopher) are coming to spend Christmas with us. They will be here Tuesday. We are really excited to have company for Christmas. And Wednesday is Blake's birthday. I am guessing we'll probably go to the riverwalk for dinner but I'm not sure yet. I think it will be pretty down there with the lights and decorations.
But for now, we are trying to finish getting the apartment ready for the baby's arrival. Finishing getting all the stuff we need, cleaning/sanitizing things, etc. Things are starting to come together pretty nicely, though. We are getting really excited. Soon, I'll need to get bags packed for the hospital. I don't feel rushed for that, though. I don't feel like she'll be coming early, which will be good for my parents (who are coming for the birth) because they have some things going on mid-January. I'm starting to get into those uncomfortable days. Not so much yet, but I have little bits of it here and there. My hips have started hurting more (not every day, though). And my lower back. It's worse when I'm up on my feet for a couple hours without a break. I also feel other pains that I'd rather not talk about. But none of it is very frequent or TOO strong. Although I don't think she is planning to arrive early, I still would like to say, I hope she waits til at least 37 weeks (full term).
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment