Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting Close...

I don't really know what to blog about, but it's been a long time so I figured I would just give you all a little update.

I am currently 37 weeks (full term) and the baby would more than likely be fine if she came now. Although, I still think she plans to be late. If she's anything like her mother, she would love to be early, as I am for everything and was for my birth. I have my next doctor's appointment on Wednesday next week (the 19th) and will let you know if the doctor says I'm dialated or not. I am going to guess no. This Saturday (the 15th), we are going to a class called, "Buckle-Up Baby." It's at the Methodist Women's Hospital here in San Antonio and it's free! The first hour, we learn how to install the car seat properly and put the baby in snuggly (if that's a word) and properly. Many people say that most parents don't put the baby into the car seat tightly enough because they are scared they will choke them. But car seats are made to be able to put them in pretty securely without choking. So we'll learn about that. Then the second part of the class is them showing us how to install the car seat into the car. I'm half thinking I should bring the convertible car seat (we will be using the infant seat for our main car seat) as well to have them show us that one for when we need it. What do you think?

Blake has a four day weekend this weekend and he really wants my water to break Thursday so he is able to be off for the birth without missing any days. Signs point to "No" for that happening, but if she DID want to come this weekend, I'll gladly share my birthday with her. :)

This was on the agenda last weekend, but maybe this weekend or week, I can get my hospital bag packed. Or at least start on it. I feel like if I do it, I'll have nothing left to do and will be bored for the next few weeks. Plus, if it's ready, chances are, then, she won't be. But I guess I'd rather pack myself than have Blake do it. I know men aren't any good at packing their wives bags. Mine's hardly good at packing his own. Lol.

I'll try to update again after my next apointment.

1 comment:

  1. I love that after this post- she came! Good thing you didn't mind the idea of sharing your birthday- My mom and I are 5 days apart but shard birthday dinners all my life :-) I always liked it. Congratulations to the both of you again!

    ReplyDelete