Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One Month...


Grandpa with Autumn

And Grandma Wooderson feeding her.

Figured it was time for another update. Miss Autumn is growing like a weed and it's outta control. ;) Nah, she's still itty bitty, but she (according to our scale at home) is over 8 1/2 lbs. A weed, I tell ya!

Sleep around here lately is limited. BUT it's getting better. She went through a growth spurt over the past weekend and we basically got NO sleep! I almost think she just needs to be attached to me 24/7 sometimes. If it weren't for the changing of diapers and burping her, the feeding wouldn't be AS bad. But, we are getting better. She's eating longer and stronger and lasting a little longer til her next feed. I'm thankful. I got so used to sleeping a ton before she was born and now my body thinks that's what I need. Not necessary, I suppose. I just need a couple hours at a time and I'm good to go. Amazing how that's the case.

A couple of weekends ago, we had the pleasure of seeing Blake's parents. They came down "to watch the Superbowl," but we all know they came to see Autumn. It was nice to see them again. I hope it's not too long til they get to come again. But, if they can't, we have Skype, so they can still see Autumn as she gets bigger. I want to see my parents again, too, but there's a lot going on. On Tuesday, February 8, my uncle, Chip (my Dad's oldest brother), passed away. He was only 63 and should have had a lot of living left to do. Last week was rough for the family and my parents (along with the other 3 brothers, my aunt and my cousin) went out to California, where he lived, to celebrate his life. I wish I could have been with my Dad because I know it must have been a sad time for him, but I'm really happy he had other loved ones to share memories with.

On a lighter note, actually, a good one, my sister and her boyfriend are coming to visit 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm really excited to show Autumn off! I can't wait to be able to show her off to all family and friends back home. She's such a precious little thing and our lives are so much more complete with her in them. It's cool how a baby can bring a family closer together.

As for Autumn herself, she's getting big, like I said. She's losing her chin, but only because her double chin is taking over. ;) Her face is becomming rounder, but she's still itty bitty in person. She looks big and chubby in pictures, but she doesn't seem that way in 'real-life.' I'm just glad she's gaining rather than staying the same or losing. Makes me feel proud that I can help her grow! Her neck is getting strong! She loves to pick her head up and just hold it or switch sides she's lying on when having her "tummy time." And she is WAY more alert these days. She likes to look at us and at her surroundings. She's so smart already. And when she's on the changing table and I take a step to the left to throw away the dirty diaper, she follows me with her eyes. Then I step back and she follows me back. I love it! Oh, and I went somewhere the other night and when I got home, Blake said she was all of a sudden way more alert as soon as I walked in the door and started talking. Makes me so happy. She already knows me so well and is very comfortable with me. She depends on me and I love it. I would do anything for her. It's just amazing to have a little life that depends on you. It's so rewarding. All my sleepless/frustrating nights are totally worth it. She's worth it. And I couldn't be happier. Although I am so sleep deprived, my heart smiles. We have a little family and we are so in love with each other. I don't know how else to explain it. It's love...

No comments:

Post a Comment