Well, it's been a while since I've updated, but Autumn is 2 months old now. She smiles all the time, she makes more noises other than crying and grunting. She moves her arms and legs WAY more than she did before, and her neck muscles are getting stronger. In about a month, I guarantee she'll be able to hold her head on her own.
She's really grown, too. She was born at 6 lbs 5 oz. At the doctor's office on her 2 month check up, she was 10.58 lbs. So in 2 months, she gained a little over 4 lbs! And she was 19.25 inches long when she was born and she was 21.85 inches at 2 months. She seems short, but is just barely over average for both. She looks proportionate, but she's got short parents. ;) Height is not in her corner. But, she could shoot up in height some day, you never know.
Autumn really likes when you talk to her, sing to her, play with her feet and touch her nose and lips. She LOVES kisses and will try to kiss back, but at this point, she's just thinks kissing = eating. So she'll try to suck on your nose, face, whatever comes her way. She's really enjoying her bathtime, too. She likes the warm water sprayed on her with her shower thing on her tub. One thing she doesn't like doing is going to bed if she hasn't had a nap for a while. She's beginning to really learn to fight her sleep. But despite her best efforts, Mommy knows how to get her to sleep. It takes some time, though, when she's REALLY tired. I try not to let her get that way. She's still taking several naps a day, most of them are short (30 minutes to an hour). At night, she'll sleep 3-5 hours for the first stretch and about 2-3 every stretch after that. It gives me about 2-4 hours (not usually 4) and 1 1/2 hours of sleep at a time. We're getting there, but it's taking time.
Summer is coming up, well, the season. It's officially hot enough to get in a pool here (high 80s, low 90s), but she won't be big enough for swimmer diapers til she's 16 lbs, since that's the smallest size available. So we probably won't be there til the end of the summer. Until then, we will spend our time in the cool apartment.
Blake's doing good in his class and in his clinicals, though I am pretty sure he can't wait to be done. Who wouldn't want to be done with that stuff? He has another 5 months left til he graduates. Then we will be moving to our new (and hopefully final) post. Unless he decides to reenlist again or do something else with his MOS (job) again. We are hoping that we'll be stationed in Kansas or Kentucky/Tennessee, but knowing how many posts there are around the US, it could be anywhere.
Me, I'm doing ok. I love being a Mom, but at times it's rather difficult. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. She is my sunshine and I am truly blessed. I still can't believe I'm a mother, sometimes. Things are still hard to adjust to, at times. Like sleep. That's a major one. Getting 4 hours at a time feels like it's impossible. I can only do that if Blake takes care of Autumn so I can. I think, maybe, just maybe, she'll be sleeping longer soon. Hopefully sleeping most of the night in a couple of months. Whenever it is, I can't wait. Until then, we just go with the flow. It gets to me, a LOT, sometimes, but I always survive, and maybe I'm better for it. I am learning as I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment