Really, it was an informational/lab appointment. We went in, sat in a little office, were asked medical questions, filled out some paperwork, went to the lab, I got lots of blood drawn and had to pee in a cup. Nothing more than that. Our next appointment, really the first prenatal appointment is set for July 20. Seeing as how we might be moving or moved by then, we asked them to call us in case another date opens up before that. At that appointment, I'll have the full physical and pelvic exam. I can't wait to hear our baby's heartrate!!!!
I am starting to feel reassured about being pregnant because of all the annoyances during pregnancy. One major one being the nausea. I don't mind being tired all the time or having to go to the bathroom 20 times a day, but the nausea is one I could really do without. It's unbearable. For me, it's at bedtime. I think it really has to do with me being so tired. I haven't really been sleeping much lately, but that's mostly due to having to go take care of a friend's dog a few times a day. Which, I love doing. Another reason I think I'm nauseated in the evenings is because I can hardly get myself to eat more than a couple bites of something. My stomach is still constantly feeling empty. I know why. I barely eat! The lady we talked to today said it usually eases up in the second trimester. I've got one more month. I'm secretly hoping it will ease up before that and also not-so-secretly hoping it won't last the entire pregnancy. I found out today that I can take a few things to help with the nausea though. B6, Emetrol (which I used to take as a kid when I was sick) and Unisom. I got some B6 vitamins the other day and have started trying that. We'll see how it goes.
Next week, actually 5 days from now, we get to tell our families!! We cannot wait. We'd like to have heard the heartbeat by then, but we won't have been in to hear it before we go home. Me = sad. But I think "Baby Blakey" is OK. Yes that's what we are calling the baby for now. We have "Big Blakey," "Little Blakey," and "Baby Blakey." Blake, me, and the baby, respectively. Yes, for some odd reason, Blake has always called ME "Blakey," even though HE is "Blakey." It's just our thing. ;)
Ok, it's almost 8 P.M. on Friday night and I need to eat/maybe try to get ready for bed or take a power nap. I'm so scared I'm about to be sick again tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment